8-Input Digital Mixer with Bluetooth Audio and App Control, 60 mm Channel Faders, 2 FX Processors and USB/Audio Interface
Digital mixers offer studio quality processing, the highest fidelity, the ability to recall all settings and even remote operation. Those are hugely attractive features, but they all come at a cost - with bigger physical size and more complex operation requiring at least some degree of technical audio education.
The millions of analog small format mixers that Behringer has built over the years clearly shows that there are many users who need a mixer that is compact, affordable, dependable and easy to operate.
Typical applications very often just need to balance the level of a handful of sources. So, why make things more complicated than they need to be? It is time for something genuinely new, providing modern features and workflows to everyone in a simple and compact form – it is time for FLOW 8 digital mixing.
Have you ever heard someone say, “you need to pay attention to your gain staging?” Do you know what the “gain structure” is about? When you are interested in clean and healthy signals, with low noise and low harmonic distortion then adjusting the right amount of preamp gain is paramount. It is defining the amount of amplification a signal gets when entering the mixer. Since source signals can be anything from a strong hit on the snare drum, to the subtle hum of bees, there is not one gain that fits all possible purposes.
Gain staging is always a compromise and finding the right one requires either experience and technical knowledge, or the new FLOW 8 EZ-GAIN feature. The function can monitor signals on one or all channels at the same time, until you think the loudest sounds have been put to it. EZ-GAIN will then automatically adjust the channel gain to the optimum headroom.
Oh, by the way, EZ-GAIN will automatically engage the 48 V phantom power on mic inputs 1 or 2 when no signal is detected, just in case you forgot to do that.
Let’s face it, small mixers are more often placed where cables end, rather than in a position where it would be most useful for controlling the mix. You may have to stretch out for controlling levels or walk away from the mixer to judge if your adjustment has the desired effect. No longer!
FLOW 8 mixers offer full remote control from basically any Android or iOS device, giving you the freedom to go exactly where the sound is ideal for making any sort of adjustment. Tweak the 9-band EQ for the main PA speakers, set the compressor on the bass guitar or adjust the mix for the talents on stage.
- Ultra-low noise, high headroom digital mixer with wireless remote control
- FLOW App for Bluetooth remote control from iOS/Android mobile phones or tablets
- 60 mm channel faders and master rotary control with LED collar
- EZ-GAIN function analyzes the signals in your application and automatically sets the gain for optimum headroom
- Two Midas microphone preamps with 48 V phantom power and programmable gain
- Two additional mic/line inputs on combo XLR/TRS jacks
- Two pairs of balanced stereo line inputs, each featuring a Hi-Z jack for direct connection of guitar/bass
- All channels with 4-band EQ and compressor, 2 FX and 2 monitor sends, while monitor and main buses feature 9-band EQ and limiter
- Two independent studio-grade effects engines, each with 16 presets including reverbs, delay and modulation effects
- Built-in 10 x 2 channel USB computer audio Interface, with 48 kHz / 24-Bit resolution
- Bluetooth audio streaming for adding click or backing tracks to your performance, or for playing music during a break
- Balanced main outputs on gold-plated XLR and balanced monitor outputs on 1/4" TRS
- FLOW App with assisted set-up, unlimited mixer snapshots and intuitive, customizable Stage-View
- FX adjustment control, FX mute and tap tempo buttons
- Footswitch input for controlling FX mute/tap tempo or preset up/down functions
- Optional mic stand adapter allows placing the mixer within reach of your performance (FLOW CLIP or P16-MB not included)
- USB powered via AC adapter (included) or power bank (not included)
Type: 2 x XLR jacks, balanced
Mic E.I.N. (20 Hz to 20 kHz): -129 dBu, A-weighted
Distortion (THD+N): < 0.004%, A-weighted
Max. input level: +20 dBu Impedance: 10 kΩ balanced, 5 kΩ unbalanced
Type: 2 x XLR / 1/4" TRS combo jacks, balanced
Mic E.I.N. (20 Hz to 20 kHz):-117 dBu, A-weighted
Distortion (THD+N): < 0.01%, A-weighted
Max. input level: XLR: +6 dBu, TRS: +26 dBu Impedance: XLR: 2 kΩ balanced, 1 kΩ unbalanced, TRS: 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
Gain range: -20 dB to +60 dB
Phantom power: +48 V, switchable (inputs 1 / 2 only)
Impedance: 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
Gain range: -20 dB to +60 dB
Max. input level: +22 dBu
Impedance: 2 MΩ balanced, 1 MΩ unbalanced
Max. input level: +19 dBu
Low mid: ±15 dB @ 300 Hz
High: ±15 dB @ 20 kHz, shelving
Impedance: 75 Ω, balanced
Impedance: 150 Ω, balanced
Dynamic range, analog in to analog out: Typ. 108 dB
I/O latency: 0.6 ms
Signal processing: 32-bit VFP (Vector Floating Point)
Dynamic range: 114 dB
Number of input processing channels: 10 input channels, 4 fx return channels
Connector: Type B
Channels: 10 out / 2 in
Channel number: 79
Version: Bluetooth spec 4.0 compliant
Max. communication range: 12 m (without interference)
Max. output power: 8 dBm
Power supply: 5 VDC 2A